Thank you for your interest in my Delegate Scholarship. Congratulations on your desire to take another step forward with your education.
Each year, I award college scholarships to undergraduate college students in our community. To be eligible you must:
- plan to attend as an undergraduate a Maryland college or university or a private career school;
- complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA) by March 1st;
- have a family income limit of less than $100,000;
- And attend school either full or part-time.
Please visit www.fasfa.gov to access the application and MDCaps to access the MSFAA. My scholarship awards typically average $1,000 and may be used beginning in Fall 2021. If your major is not offered at a Maryland institution of higher education, you may apply for a unique major designation that would allow you to use my Delegate Scholarship funds for an out-of-state school.
The scholarship application must be filled out completely and returned with all of the required documentation:
Application: Part One - Submit this electronically:
Application: Part Two - Complete and submit electronically to [email protected] by Friday, April 30th, 2021. Letters and essays must be typed.
- One Letter of Recommendation:
- Academic (teacher or professor) or
- Non-academic (coach, work supervisor, clergy)
- Unofficial Transcript from school’s web portal
The April 30th deadline is for the first round of scholarship review, where we typically award the bulk of our scholarships. However, if resources are available, applications will still be accepted after the deadline on a rolling basis.
I would also encourage you to visit the Maryland Higher Education Commission website at www.mhec.state.md.us to learn about other available state scholarships and grants. Some additional websites you might find useful include:
- U.S Department of Education Financial Aid - http://www.ed.gov/finaid.html
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - http://www.finaid.org
- Fast Web Scholarship Search - http://fastweb.com
- Peterson Education and Career Center - http://www.petersons.com
Thank you again for your interest and good luck with your application. If you have any additional questions or concerns on this or other issues, please feel free to contact me at (410)-841-3130 or by email at [email protected].