Thank you for your interest in my Delegate Scholarship. Congratulations on your desire to take another step forward with your education.
Each year, I award college scholarships to constituents in District 18 (enter your address here to determine your legislative district). To be eligible, you must reside in District 18, plan to attend a Maryland college or university or a private career school, and complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st. Please visit www.fasfa.gov to access the application. Students may attend full or part-time. My scholarship award will be no less than $1,000 and may be used beginning in Fall 2019.
If your major is not offered at a Maryland institution of higher education, you may apply for a unique major designation that would allow you to use my Delegate Scholarship funds for an out-of-state school. The scholarship must be filled out completely and returned with all of the required documentation:
Application: Part One - Submit this electronically:
Application: Part Two - Complete and submit by U.S. Mail. Applications must be typed.
- High school or college transcripts. If you have just completed high school, submit your high school transcript. If you are in college, submit your most recent transcript - you do not need to submit your high school transcript.
- Two Letters of recommendation (from teachers, professors or work supervisors, not family or friends)
- A 250-word essay titled “An Unjust Law (Written or Unwritten) That Should Be Fixed”
Application Part Two must be mailed via U.S. Mail and postmarked by June 1, 2019 to:
Delegate Jared Solomon
House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
I would also encourage you to visit the Maryland Higher Education Commission website at www.mhec.state.md.us to learn about other available state scholarships and grants. Some additional websites you might find useful include:
- U.S Department of Education Financial Aid - http://www.ed.gov/finaid.html
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - http://www.finaid.org
- Fast Web Scholarship Search - http://fastweb.com
- Peterson Education and Career Center - http://www.petersons.com
Thank you again for your interest and good luck with your application. If you have any additional questions or concerns on this or other issues, please feel free to contact me at (410)-841-3130 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.